Telefon (pevná linka):
Robert Bestak obtained PhD degree in Computer Science from ENST Paris, France (2003) and MSc degree in Telecommunications from Czech Technical University in Prague, CTU, (1999). Since 2004, he has been an Assistant Professor at Department of Telecommunication Engineering, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, and CTU. He participated in several national, EU, and third party research projects. He is the Czech representative in the IFIP TC6 working group. He has served as Steering and Technical Program Committees member of more than 15 international conferences (Networking, WMNC, NGMAST, etc.) and he is member of editorial board of 6 international journals (Computers & Electrical Engineering, Electronic Commerce Research Journal, etc.). He also acts as a reviewer for many journals published by IEEE, Elsevier, Springer, etc. He published 2 book chapters and more than 120 conference/journal papers. Additonally, he is a co-editor of 4 special issues in journals with impact factor. His research interests include 5G networks, spectrum management and big data in mobile networks.
• 2000 - 2004: PhD in Computer Science at Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Télécommunications, Paris
• 1999 - 2000: Institute EERIE de l’Ecole des Mines d’Alès, Nimes
• 1993 - 1999: MSc in Telecommunication Engineering at Czech Technical University, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Prague
Currently taught courses
• Mobile Networks
• Wireless Technologies and Sensor Networks
• Data Networks Theory
• Digital Signal Processing and Communication Laboratory
Supervised PhD students
• Chithra Reghuvaran; PhD thesis defended on July 2016
• Jiri Hlavacek; PhD thesis defended on March 2015
• Marek Neruda; PhD thesis defended on June 2014
• Melvi Ulvan; PhD thesis defended on December 2012
• Ardian Ulvan; PhD thesis defended on June.2011
Supervisor of master and bachelor students
• 27 master students
• 24 bachelor students
• Tutor of 5 international students
Teaching and university committees
• Member of Committee for PhD studies in Telecommunications at FEE, CTU
• 2016-2017: Security hardening of GTM3 NET VM. Founded by GTC Electrolux CZ
• 2016-2016: Appliance module - security review. Founded by GTC Electrolux CZ
• 2013-2015: International cooperation in the modernization of master and doctoral study programs at CTU-FEE in Prague (MINERVA]; founded by European Social Fond
• 2010-2011: Flexible Relay Wireless OFDM-based Networks (FREEDOM), FP7 project, funded by European Commission
• C. Reghuvaran, R. Bestak, S. K. Patra: An Interference Cancellation Scheme for D2D Multi-Link Communication Underlaying Cellular Network. Annals of Telecommunications. 2016, vol. 71, no. 1, p. 47-60. ISSN 0003-4347.
• H.D. Septame, A. Ulvan, J. Hlavacek, R. Bestak: High Available VoIP Server Failover Mechanism in Wide Area Network. TELKOMNIKA Telecommunication, Computing, Electronics and Control. 2015, vol. 13, no. 2, p. 739-744. ISSN 1693-6930.
• R. Bestak: Distribution of Cell in Mobile Network. Advances in Electrical and Electronic Engineering. 2015, vol. 13, no. 4, p. 331-337. ISSN 1336-1376.
• P. Mach, Z. Becvar, R. Bestak. Handover of Relay Stations for Load Balancing in IEEE 802.16. Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing. 2013, vol. 13, no. 2, p. 170-183.
• P. Mach, R. Bestak, Z. Becvar. Optimization of association procedure in WiMAX networks with relay stations. Telecommunication Systems. 2013, vol. 52, no. 3, p. 1697-1704. ISSN 1018-4864.
Editorial board of journals
• Electronic Commerce Research journa
• Computers & Electrical Engineering journal
• International Journal of Business Data Communications and Networking
• International Journal on Advances in Network and Services
• International Journal of Digital Content Technology and its Applications
Reviewer for journals
• IEEE Communications Letters
• IEEE Sensors Journal
• IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing
• EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking
• Computers & Electrical Engineering
• Telecommunication Systems
• Electronic Commerce Research
• Computer Communications
• International Journal of Communication Systems
• Optics Express
• General chair: WMNC2018, CloudNet2017, NGMAST2013, Networking2012, ICTSM2013-2011, ICN2009
• TPC chair: Networking2015
• Organizing chair: IGBSG2016
• Technical program committees: Networking, WMNC, NGMAST, TSP, KTTO, Mechatronics, etc.
• IEEE Communication Society
• IFIP Technical Committee 6
• Czech – Native
• English – Fluent
• French – Fluent
• Spanish – Basic