Robert Bestak obtained PhD degree in Computer Science from ENST Paris, France (2003) and MSc degree in Telecommunications from Czech Technical University in Prague, CTU, (1999). Since 2004, he has been an Assistant Professor at Department of Telecommunication Engineering, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, and CTU. He participated in several national, EU, and third party research projects. He is the Czech representative in the IFIP TC6 organization. He annually serves as Steering and Technical Program Committee member of more than 20 international conferences (Networking, WMNC, NGMAST, etc.) and he is member of editorial board of 5 international journals with impact factors. He also acts as a reviewer for many journals published by IEEE, Elsevier, Springer, etc. He published 1 chapter in a book and more than 100 conference/journal papers. Additionally, he is a co-editor of 5 special issues in journals with impact factor. His research interests include 5G networks, spectrum management and big data in mobile networks.
• Since 2016: Czech Technical University in Prague, Director of Electrolux research laboratory
• Since 2004: Czech Technical University in Prague, Assistant Professor at Dept. of Telecommunication Engineering
• 1999: T-Mobile CZ, Member of radio planning team
• 2000 - 2004: Ph.D. in Computer science, Ecole Nationale Superieure des Telecommunications, France
• 1999 - 2000: Institute EERIE de l’Ecole des Mines d’Alès, France
• 1993 - 1999: M.Sc. in Telecommunication, Czech Technical University, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Czech Republic
• Bachelor courses: A8B32DNT, A8B32DCL
• Masters courses: B2M32MKS, BE2M32MKS,
• Doctoral courses: XP32MOS
Supervised PhD students (graduaded)
• Marek Sedlacek, dissertation defended 11/2017
• Chithra Reghuvaran, co-supervisor, dissertation defended 7/2016
• Jiri Hlavacek, dissertation defended 3/2015
• Marek Neruda, dissertation defended 6/2014
• Melvi Ulvan, dissertation defended 12/2012
• Ardian Ulvan, dissertation defended 6/2011
• Pavel Mach, dissertation defended 3/2010
Supervisor of master and bachelor students (graduated)
• 29 master students
• 24 bachelor students
• More than 100 foreign students (internships)
• 2016 - 2017: Security hardening of GTM3 NET VM. Role: coordinator. Funded by GTC Electrolux CZ.
• 2016 - 2017: Electrolux IoT PKI deployment consultancy. Role: coordinator. Funded by GTC Electrolux CZ.
• 2016 - 2016: Appliance module - security review. Role: coordinator. Funded by GTC Electrolux CZ.
• 2016 - 2016: Data traffic analysis in CESNET network. Role: coordinator. Founded by Fond rozvoje CESNET.
• 2015 - 2016: Integration of WebRTC technology with existing video and audio conference systems. Role: coordinator. Founded by Fond rozvoje CESNET.
• 2013 - 2015: International cooperation in the modernization of master and doctoral study programs at CTU-FEE in Prague; OPPA project, Role: coordinator. Funded by European Social Fund.
• C. Reghuvaran, R. Bestak, S. K. Patra: Efficient resource allocation for network-assisted multi-link device-to-device communication. International Journal of Communication Systems. 2017, 30(7), 1-16. ISSN 1074-5351.
• M. Sedlacek, R. Bestak: Analysis of Neighbourhood Relations for Femtocell Networks. Wireless Personal Communications. 2017, 96(4), 5239-5252. ISSN 0929-6212.
• C. Reghuvaran, R. Bestak, S. K. Patra: An Interference Cancellation Scheme for D2D Multi-Link Communication Underlaying Cellular Network. Annals of Telecommunications. 2016, vol. 71, no. 1, p. 47-60. ISSN 0003-4347.
• H.D. Septame, A. Ulvan, J. Hlavacek, R. Bestak: High Available VoIP Server Failover Mechanism in Wide Area Network. TELKOMNIKA Telecommunication, Computing, Electronics and Control. 2015, vol. 13, no. 2, p. 739-744. ISSN 1693-6930.
• P. Mach, Z. Becvar, R. Bestak. Handover of Relay Stations for Load Balancing in IEEE 802.16. Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing. 2013, vol. 13, no. 2, p. 170-183.
• ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-3757-3921
Member of editorial boards
• Computers & Electrical Engineering
• Electronic Commerce Research Journal
• International Journal on Advances in Network and Services
• International Journal of Digital Content Technology and its Applications
• International Journal of Business Data Communications and Networking
Member of conference committees
• General co-chair: IEEE/IFIP WMNC 2018, IEEE CloudNet2017, IEEE NGMAST 2013, IEEE/IFIP Networking 2012, ICTSM 2011-2013, IFIP PWC 2007
• Annually TPC member of more than 20 international conferences (Networking, WMNC, NGMAST, TSP, Mechatronics, etc.)
• CZ representative in international organization IFIP TC6 Mobile and Wireless Communications
• Vice-chair of IFIP WG 6.8 (Mobile and Wireless Communications)
• Member of Committee for PhD studies in Telecommunications at FEE, CTU
• Reviewer of several impact journals (IEEE Communications Letters, IEEE Sensors Journal, Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, Computer Networks, Telecommunication Systems, International Journal of Communication Systems, etc.)
• Czech - Native
• English - Fluent
• French - Fluent
• Spanish - Basic