Telefon (pevná linka):
- May-Jun 2019: EURECOM, Sophia Antipolis, France (1 month), Visiting professor at Communications System Department
- May-Jun 2016: EURECOM, Sophia Antipolis, France (2 months), Visiting professor at Communications System Department
- since 05/2014: Czech Technical University in Prague, Associate Professor at Dept. of Telecommunication Engineering
- Jan-Jul 2013: CEA-Leti, Grenoble, France (6 months), Visiting researcher at Wireless Communication Laboratory (LESC)
- 2011 - 2014: Czech Technical University in Prague, Assistant Professor at Dept. of Telecommunication Engineering
- 2008 - 2010: Czech Technical University in Prague, Researcher at Dept. of Telecommunication Engineering
- 2009: Vodafone RDC at CTU in Prague, Czech Republic, PhD student focused on testbed for wireless networks
- April 2007: Budapest Politechnic, Faculty of Electrical Eng., Hungary (1 month), Study stay at Department of Telecommunication
- 2006 - 2007: Sitronics R&D centre, Prague, Czech Republic, PhD student researcher focused on VoIP speech quality improvement
- 2005 - 2010: Ph.D. in Telecommunication Engineering at Czech Technical University in Prague, Czech Republic, Thesis: Reduction of Handover Interruption in Mobile Networks
- 1999 - 2005: M.Sc. in Telecommunication Engineering at Czech Technical University in Prague, Czech Republic, Thesis: Bluetooth modul for radiomodem
- Mobile Networks
- Wireless Technologies
- Mohammed Elfiky (2017 - 2021) - C-RAN
- Toha Ardi Nugraha (2018 - 2022) - D2D communication
- MohammadSaleh Nikooroo (2019 - 2023) - UAV-based communications
- Aida Madelkhanova (2020-2024) - Machine learning for mobile networks with UAVs
- Mehyar Najla, co-supervisor (2016 – 2020), Learning for Device-to-Device and UAV-based communication
- Jan Plachy (2014 – 2020), Edge Computing in 5G Cellular Networks
- Michal Vondra (2010 – 2015), Allocation of Resources in Network with Small Cells, dean's award for prestigious PhD thesis
- More than 30 master students
- Four bachelor students
- Coordinator of master's double-degree with NTUST, Taiwan and with EURECOM, France
- Member of Committee for PhD studies and deputy for branch Telecommunication Engineering at FEE, CTU
- Member of Board of Electronics and Communications study program at CTU
- Member of scientific councils at FEE, CTU in Prague and and EURECOM, France
Cooperation with the International Research Centre in Area of Digital Communication Systems (03/2020 – 12/2024)
Project no. LTT 20004 funded by The Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports supports membership of CTU in EURECOM and international collaboration in the area of communication systems with focus on machine learning for network optimization and image processing
Role: principle investigator, supervisor of students
Communication in Self-optimizing Mobile Networks with Drones (01/2018 – 12/2020)
Research project no. 18-27023S funded by Czech Science Foundation
Role: principle investigator, supervisor of students in area of possitioning of flying base stations and users' association
Combined Radio Frequency and Visible Light Bands for Device-to-Device communication (01/2017 – 12/2019)
Research project no. P102/17/17538S funded by Czech Science Foundation (GACR)
Role: researcher and supervisor of students in area of mobility management
Mobile Edge Computing and Functional Splitting for Scheduling of Radio Resources (10/2016 – 09/2019)
Funded by FOXCONN Taiwan
Role: principal investigator, development of MAC control functions splitting between BBU and RRHs in C-RAN
Game theoretic aspects of wireless spectrum access (07/2016 – 06/2018)
Funded by Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of Czech Republic
Role: leader of CTU team, resource allocation, spectrum sharing, emulation of network
FP7 TROPIC (09/2012-04/2015)
Funded by European Commission
Roles: WP leader (Scenarios, Architecture, and Market Analysis), architecture design, path selection, developent of AR application
Prediction Algorithms for Efficient Mobility Management in Wireless Networks (01/2011-12/2014)
Postdoc project funded by Czech Science Foundation (GACR)
Role: principal researcher, design of prediction algorithms for mobility management (NCL, admission, handover) in future mobile networks
FP7 FREEDOM (01/2010-12/2011)
Funded by European Commission
Role: WP leader (Control procedures for RRM), mobility management for networks with small cells
Selected recent publications
- M. Najla, Z. Becvar, P. Mach, "Reuse of Multiple Channels by Multiple D2D Pairs in Dedicated Mode: Game Theoretic Approach", IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 20, no. 7, pp. , 2021.
- P. Mach, Z. Becvar, M. Najla, "Power Allocation, Channel Reuse, and Positioning of Flying Base Stations with Realistic Backhaul", IEEE Internet of Things Journal, vol. , no. , pp. , 2021.
- J. Plachy, Z. Becvar, E. Calvanese Strinati, N. di Pietro, "Dynamic Allocation of Computing and Communication Resources in Multi-Access Edge Computing for Mobile Users", IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management, vol. , no. , pp. , 2021.
- Z. Becvar, P. Mach, M. Elfiky, M. Sakamoto, "Hierarchical Scheduling for Suppression of Fronthaul Delay in C-RAN with Dynamic Functional Split", IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 59, no. 4, pp. 1-7, 2021.
- P. Mach, T. Spyropoulos, Z. Becvar, "Incentive-based D2D Relaying in Cellular Networks", IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 69, no. 3, pp. 1-15, 2021.
- M. Najla, P. Mach, Z. Becvar, "Deep Learning for Selection between RF and VLC Bands in Device-to-Device Communication", IEEE Wireless Communications Letters, vol. 9, no. 10, pp. , 2020.
- M. Najla, Z. Becvar, P. Mach, D. Gesbert, "Predicting Device-to-Device Channels from Cellular Channel Measurements: A Learning Approach", IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 19, no. 11, pp. 7124 - 7138, 2020.
- P. Mach, Z. Becvar, M. Najla, "Resource Allocation for D2D Communication with Multiple D2D Pairs Reusing Multiple Channels", IEEE Wireless Communications Letters, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 1008-1011, 2019.
- R.G. Cheng, Z. Becvar, Y.S. Huang, G. Bianchi, R. Harwahyu, "Two-Phase Random Access Procedure for LTE-A Networks", IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 2374 - 2387, 2019.
- J. Plachy, Z. Becvar, P. Mach, R. Marik, M. Vondra, "Joint Positioning of Flying Base Stations and Association of Users: Evolutionary-Based Approach", IEEE Access, vol. 7, pp. 11454-11463, 2019.
- K. da Costa Silva, Z. Becvar, C. R. Francês, "Adaptive Hysteresis Margin Based on Fuzzy Logic for Handover in Mobile Networks with Dense Small Cells", IEEE Access, vol. 6, pp. 17178-17189, 2018.
- R.G. Cheng, Z. Becvar, P.H. Yang, "Modeling of Distributed Queueing-based Random Access for Machine Type Communications in Mobile Networks", IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 129-132, 2018.
- M. Vondra, Z. Becvar, P. Mach, "Vehicular network-aware route selection considering communication requirements of users for ITS", IEEE Systems Journal, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 1239-1250, 2018.
- P. Mach, Z. Becvar, "Energy-aware Dynamic Selection of Overlay and Underlay Spectrum Sharing for Cognitive Small cells", IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 66, no. 5, 2017.
- Z. Becvar, M. Vondra, P. Mach, J. Plachy, D. Gesbert, "Performance of Mobile Networks with UAVs: Can Flying Base Stations Substitute Ultra-Dense Small Cells?", European Wireless (EW 2017), pp. 1-6, 2017. BEST PAPER AWARD
Reviewer for journals
Editorial board of journals