Telefon (pevná linka):
- May-Jun 2016: EURECOM, Sophia Antipolis, France (2 months), Visiting researcher at Communications System Department
- since 05/2014: Czech Technical University in Prague, Associate Professor at Dept. of Telecommunication Engineering
- Jan-Jul 2013: CEA-Leti, Grenoble, France (6 months), Visiting researcher at Wireless Communication Laboratory (LESC)
- 2011 - 2014: Czech Technical University in Prague, Assistant Professor at Dept. of Telecommunication Engineering
- 2008 - 2010: Czech Technical University in Prague, Researcher at Dept. of Telecommunication Engineering
- 2009: Vodafone RDC at CTU in Prague, Czech Republic, PhD student focused on testbed for wireless networks
- April 2007: Budapest Politechnic, Faculty of Electrical Eng., Hungary (1 month), Study stay at Department of Telecommunication
- 2006 - 2007: Sitronics R&D centre, Prague, Czech Republic, PhD student researcher focused on VoIP speech quality improvement
- 2005 - 2010: Ph.D. in Telecommunication Engineering at Czech Technical University in Prague, Czech Republic, Thesis: Reduction of Handover Interruption in Mobile Networks
- 1999 - 2005: M.Sc. in Telecommunication Engineering at Czech Technical University in Prague, Czech Republic, Thesis: Bluetooth modul for radiomodem
- Mobile Networks
- Wireless Technologies and Sensor Networks
- Mehyar Najla, co-supervisor (2016 – 2020), Learning for Device-to-Device communication
- Jan Plachy (2014 – 2018), Big Data in 5G Cellular Networks
- Alaa Almoustafa (2015 – 2019), Device-to-device communication in cellular networks
- Tomas Dragoun (2014 – 2020), Energy efficient mobile communications
- Michal Vondra (2010 – 2015), Allocation of Resources in Network with Small Cells, dean's award for prestigious PhD thesis
- More than 20 master students
- Four bachelor students
- Coordinator of master's double-degree with NTUST, Taiwan and with EURECOM, France
- Member of Committee for PhD studies in Telecommunications at FEE, CTU
- Member of Board of Electronics and Communications study program at CTU
Combined Radio Frequency and Visible Light Bands for Device-to-Device communication (01/2017 – 12/2019)
Research project no. P102/17/17538S funded by Czech Science Foundation (GACR)
Role: researcher and supervisor of students in area of mobility management
Mobile Edge Computing and Functional Splitting for Scheduling of Radio Resources (10/2016 – 09/2019)
Funded by FOXCONN Taiwan
Role: principal investigator, development of MAC control functions splitting between BBU and RRHs in C-RAN
Game theoretic aspects of wireless spectrum access (07/2016 – 06/2018)
Funded by Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of Czech Republic
Role: leader of CTU team, resource allocation, spectrum sharing, emulation of network
FP7 TROPIC (09/2012-04/2015)
Funded by European Commission
Roles: WP leader (Scenarios, Architecture, and Market Analysis), architecture design, path selection, developent of AR application
Prediction Algorithms for Efficient Mobility Management in Wireless Networks (01/2011-12/2014)
Postdoc project funded by Czech Science Foundation (GACR)
Role: principal researcher, design of prediction algorithms for mobility management (NCL, admission, handover) in future mobile networks
FP7 FREEDOM (01/2010-12/2011)
Funded by European Commission
Role: WP leader (Control procedures for RRM), mobility management for networks with small cells
Selected recent publications
- M. Vondra, Z. Becvar, P. Mach, "Vehicular network-aware route selection considering communication requirements of users for ITS", IEEE Systems Journal, 2016, in press.
- P. Mach, Z. Becvar, "Energy-aware Dynamic Selection of Overlay and Underlay Spectrum Sharing for Cognitive Small cells", IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 2016, in press.
- J. Plachy, Z. Becvar, P. Mach, "Path Selection Enabling User Mobility and Efficient Distribution of Data for Computation at the Edge of Mobile Network", Computer Networks, Vol. 108, October, 2016.
- P. Mach, Z. Becvar, "Cloud-aware Power Control for Real-time Application Offloading in Mobile Edge Computing," Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies, Vol. 27, No. 5, May 2016.
- M. Vondra, Z. Becvar, "Distance-based Neighborhood Scanning for Handover Purposes in Network with Small Cells", IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 65, No. 2, pp. 883 - 895 , 2016.
- P. Mach, Z. Becvar, T. Vanek, "In-Band Device-to-Device Communication in OFDMA Cellular Networks: A Survey and Challenges," IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, Vol. 17, No. 4, November 2015.
- R.G. Cheng, N.S. Chen, Y.F. Chou and, Z. Becvar, "Offloading Multiple Mobile Data Contents through Opportunistic Device-to-device Communications," Wireless Personal Communications, Vol. 84, No. 3, October 2015.
- Z. Becvar, P. Mach, M. Vondra, "Self-optimizing neighbor cell list with dynamic threshold for handover purposes in networks with small cells", Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, Vol. 15, No. 13 pp. 1-16, 2015.
- P. Mach, Z. Becvar, R. Bestak, "Handover of Relay Stations for Load Balancing in IEEE 802.16," Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, Vol. 13, No. 2, February 2013.
- Z. Becvar, P. Mach, B. Simak, "Improvement of Handover Prediction in Mobile WiMAX by Using Two Thresholds," Computer Networks, Elsevier, Vol. 55, No. 16, November 2011.
Reviewer for journals
Editorial board of journals
- IEEE Globecom 2017: Mobile and Wireless Networks track – TPC member
- IEEE CloudNet 2017 – General co-chair
- IEEE WCNC 2017 – TPC member
- IEEE ICC 2017 workshop WDN-5G – TPC member
- IWCMC 2017 – Steering committee
- IGBSG 2016 – Track Chair
- IEEE VTC 2015-Spring – Reviewer
- IEEE WCNC 2015 workshop WDN-CN’15 – TPC member
- ISNCC 2015 – TPC member
- ISNE 2015 – TPC member
- IEEE GLOBECOM 2014 workshop Broadband Wireless Access – Publicity chair & TPC
- IEEE PIMRC 2014 workshop WDN-CN2014 – TPC member
- IEEE WCNC 2014 workshop CLEEN – TPC member
- IEEE PIMRC 2013 – TPC member
- IEEE PIMRC 2013 workshop WDN-CN2013 – TPC member
- IEEE VTC-Fall 2013 workshop CLEEN – TPC member
- IFIP Networking 2012, Prague, May 2012, Organizing committee – Workshop Chair
- International Conference on Networks, TPC member since 2008
- TPC of various conferences organized by AICIT
- IEEE Communication Society
- IEEE Vehicular Technology Society
- IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Society
- Czech – Native
- English – Fluent (C1)
- French – Basic (A2)
- German – Basic (A1)
- Simulation tools: MATLAB