1981 – 1984 Secondary technical school in Praha 2 – Jecna, specialization: automation technology
1985 – 1989 CVUT FEL in Praha, specialization: telecommunication technology
1996 – 2000 extramural post-graduate studies at the Department of Telecommunications
2001 completion of doctoral studies by way of defending the dissertation and obtaining the PhD degree
1990 – 1991 Technician in the department for the design of digital communication systems in the Research Institute for Telecommunications in Prague
1991 – 1992 Audioservice technician in the Palace of Culture in Prague
1993 – 1994 Technician for closed-circuit television cameras in Prague
1994 – 1995 Sales representative for DAQUAS Praha software
since 1996 – assistant professor of the Dept. of Telecommunications, leader of the laboratory for communication technologies
since 2004 - editor-in-chief on-line journal Access server
since 2005 - leader of the team Transmission media and systems
since 2007 – vice head of Department of Telecommunication Engineering
Teaching and research activities:
• Member of the state final examination committee for Telecommunication technologies.
• Regularly involved in pedagogical and technical supervision of diploma and BSc works.
• In 2003 appointed supervisor of doctoral students.
• Giving lectures in courses focused on Transmission and communication systems.
• Participation in a number of projects in cooperation with external organizations.
• Member of a workgroup for research plans of the Dept. of Telecommunications.
Current research activities:
• Communication systems and transmission parameters in NGA networks.
• Communication systems in Smart Grid.
• Communication for Smart Metering, power line communication PLC/BPL.
h-index: 4 (WoS), 6 (Scopus), 7 (Google Scholar)
Selected grant projects:
• Limiting factors in wide-band signal transmission over metallic pairs and mutual coexistence with other systems (GACR, 2003 – 2005)
• National research program – Specification of qualitative criteria and optimization of tools for high-rate access networks (2004 – 2007)
• Development of adaptable and data processing systems for high-speed, secure and reliable communication in extreme conditions (MV CR, 2012-2014)
• Research and development of a new communication system with multi-channel approach and multi-layer co-operation for industrial applications (TACR, 2012-2014)
• Research and development of secure and reliable communications network equipments to support the distribution of electric energy and other critical infrastructures (MV CR, VG20132015104, 2013-2015).
• Radio for Smart Transmission Networks (TACR, TA04011571, 2014-2017).
• Vodrážka, J.: Multi-carrier modulation and MIMO principle application on subscriber lines. Radioengineering. Volume: 16 Issue: 4. 2007. pp. 33-37. ISSN: 1210-2512.
• Lucki, M. - Boháč, L. - Vodrážka, J.: A Short Overview of the Most Actual Problems in the Area of Fiber Bending and Chromatic Dispersion in Photonic Crystal Fibers. In Proceedings of SPIE - Photonic Crystal Fibers II. Bellingham: SPIE, 2008, p. 69900X-1-69900X-12. ISBN 978-0-8194-7188-8.
• Lafata, P. - Vodrážka, J.: Modeling of Transmission Functions and Crosstalk in Metallic Cables for Implementation of MIMO Concept. Radioengineering. 2009, vol. 18, no. 4, p. 491-496. ISSN 1210-2512.
• Lafata, P. - Vodrážka, J.: Application of Passive Optical Network with Optimized Bus Topology for Local Backbone Data Network. Microwave and Optical Technology Letters. Volume: 53 Issue: 10 Pages: 2351-2355. 10/2011. ISSN: 0895-2477
• Lafata, P. - Vodrážka, J.: Simulations of Far-end Crosstalk based on Modified Matrices of Transmission Line. Elektronika ir Elektrotechnika. 2011. Issue: 10 Pages: 39-44. ISSN: 1392-1215
• Lafata, P. - Vodrážka, J.: Application of Fiber Ring for Protection of Passive Optical Infrastructure. Radioengineering. 2013, vol. 22, no. 1, p. 357-362. ISSN 1210-2512.
• Lafata, P. - Vodrážka, J.: Experimental Verification of Passive Optical Network With Ring Topology. Microwave and Optical Technology Letters. 2013, vol. 55, no. 9, p. 2201-2205. ISSN 0895-2477.
• Chlumský, P. - Vodrážka, J.: Innovative Two-path Data Transmission Scheme Proposal. Elektronika ir Elektrotechnika. 2014, vol. 20, no. 10, p. 57-61. ISSN 1392-1215.